I made a really good Cheesy Potato Soup. It’s more of a cream of potato soup. It was delicious. I even have left overs to freeze and have another day. I love soup on cold winter days only today feels like spring. The sun is shining and there is no wind. It’s really mild out.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 1/2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion in butter until softened. Stir in potatoes and broth, bring to a boil. Then cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 - 20 minutes, unit potatoes are tender.
- 2. Puree potato mixture in a blender or food processor or using an immersion blender, return to pot over medium heat. Stir in cream, cheese, dill, pepper, and salt. Bring to a low boil and cook, stirring, until thickened, 5 minutes.
- NOTE: I didn't have heavy cream. The substitute is 3/4 cup milk plus 1/3 cup butter melted. Mix together and there is your heavy cream.