Table Tots is an amazing app for teaching your child basic shapes, counting, spelling and basic math. This app is a great addition to classrooms as well as a great addition for home schooling.
You have your own virtual table on the ipad. You set the table for what you want to use. You can create your own custom lessons. Which I think is absolutely awesome! The possibilities are endless in how you create lessons. We started out by putting numbers 1 – 9 on the table. I put the addition sign, subtraction sign, and = sign. We worked with simple addition problems for review. The best thing is YOU control how the lessons are.
You can teach colorful base-10 counting with blocks. Create simple math equations to solve. You can even build your own words and hear the sound of every letter. You can even find dominos to teach domino math and money. Teach shapes and colors. Spell words. I wasn’t kidding when I said the possibilities are endless.
- 12 unique table layouts built for sorting, counting, matching and more
- 6 colorful theme combinations
- 11 ‘quick’ scenese that instantly set the table to teach:
- basic math
- counting from 1 – 20
- building 3 -letter words
- building 4-letter words
- mathing uppercase and lower case letters
- shape recognition
- primary and secondary colors
- coin counting
- Base – 10 counting
- Domino Math
- noun matchup with an object for every letter
- All tools to create your own lessons, including:
- Individual numbers from 0 – 100
- all 26 letters in both upper and lower case
- 26 common “things” to represent letters A to Z
- A decimal point and all other operators they need to add, subtract, multiply and divide and concepts such as greater and less than.
- Dollar and Cent symbols for teaching financial lessons
- 16 common shapes, each available in your choice of 8 colors
- Basic American coins from penny to quarter
- all 28 dominos for counting practice
- Base – 10 blocks representing 1, 10, 100 and 1000
MY OVERALL THOUGHTS:
I was really amazed with this app. So many options that make your lessons endless. I can use this with both kids and I plan on incorporating it in to our home school day. I like the fact that I can teach one on one with my kids. I am right there when they are doing the lessons. We can practice over and over. My kids are both very visual so this will come in handy. I think this is great for teachers in the class room too. I like that you can control what goes on the table and what your going to use.
You can purchase Table Tots in the itunes store for $1.99. Really I don’t think you will be disappointed. It is definately worth the price too. I should make not that this is only on iPad.
Disclaimer: I was not paid for this review. I did receive a copy of Table Tots for my review. The opinoins in this post are 100% mine.