Welcome to Recipe Trader Sundays. To participate all you have to do is grab my button and link back to me. Create your recipe post and come back here and link up. It’s really that simple.
Last night I decided to make Choco Cherry Bars! All I can say is YUM. The frosting at first scared me as it wasn’t like I thought it would be but it tasted great!
Choco Cherry Bars
- 1 (18 oz) package of chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (6 oz) package of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. For the cake, in a large bowl with a wooden spoon, combine the cake mix, cherry pie filling, eggs, and almond extract. Pour into a greased 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan. Bake 25 – 30 minutes.
- For the frosting, bring the milk, sugar, and butter to a boil in a sauce pan over medium high heat. Boil for 1 minute. Add the chocolate chips. Reduce the heat to low and cook until smooth, stirring constantly. Spread over the cooled cake. Cut into bars.