Well you get two for the price for of one today. During the week I made a Pour Over Pizza. It’s a yeastless crust pizza. It passed the taste test from my picky kids. I also made a BlueBerry Coffee Cake that was really yummy and didn’t even last a day with my son DJ.
This meme is really easy. Grab my button and link back to me. Create your post with a recipe and come back here and link up. I am looking forward to seeing your yummy recipes!!
Pour Over Pizza
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound bulk Italian Sausage
- 1 package slicked pepperoni
- 2 Tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper; stir in milk and eggs. Pour into greased 13 in x 9 in baking pan. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle over the crust. Top with pepperoni, onion, and green pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Spread with pizza sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
I didn’t add the sausage or pepperoni as I didn’t have it in the house so we just made a cheese pizza but we used a 6 cheese Italian shredded cheese and it was great. My kids also don’t like green pepper or onion so I omitted that. I on the other hand LOVE them!!
Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 5/8 cups – all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs on at a time, then stir in the sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the batter just until blended. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon half of the batter in the prepared pan. In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans. Sprinkle half of this mixture over the batter in the pan. Spoon the remaining batter over the top, and then sprinkle the remaining pecan mixture over. Use a knife or think spatula to swirl the sugar layer into the cake.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the crown of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan over a wire rack. Invert onto a serving plate, and top firmly to remove from the pan. Dust with confectioners sugar just before serving.
The only thing I did different was not use the pecans.