Sorry I am sending this out a little late today. Been making cookies with the kids. We just got done decorating these Simple Sugar Cookies. If you would like to join in Grab my button and link back to me with a recipe post on your blog. Then come back and link up with Mr Linky.
Simple Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Shape into two 5 in rolls; warp each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Unwrap dough; cut into 1/4 in slices. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 8 – 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
We just used some Pillsbury Frosting that you came in a spray like can and some christmas sprinkles to decorate.
Source: The Taste of Home Baking Book