Welcome to Day 2 of my series this month of New To Me Recipes. I am off a few days as I had some family issues that needed attending but I am back and in full gear and I am so loving trying new ideas of both cooking and baking. Todays recipes are Three Cheese Stuffed Shells and Homemade Soft Garlic Bread Sticks. I love being able to use my bread machine for the dough cycle. I must say I loved how both of these turned out. My oldest son said it was ok but my husband and I really liked it. Sometime this month I will be trying another Stuffed Shells Recipe. I have never made these before. I know the pictures isn’t the greatest but I was starving and wanted to eat.
- 1 package of Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 4 cups of cottage cheese
- 2 bags of shredded mozzerella cheese (4 cups)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pinch of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 jars 26 ozs of spaghetti sauce
- Cook shells according to package directions. Place in cold water to stop cooking and drain.
- Mix together cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup paremesan cheese, eggs, garlic salt and italian seasoning. Stuff mixture into the shells
- Spread 1/3 cup of pasta sauce in the bottom of a 15 x 10 inch pan. Place shells open side up, and close together in pan. Spread remaining sauce over top. Before I added the sauce I put garlic salt on top of the shells. Then I added the sauce and then I added a little more garlic salt to the top of the sauce. (No it wasn't salty tasting)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 1 1/8 cups water (70 to 80 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (save for buttering top of breadsticks)
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting.. when cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 20 portions. Shape each into a ball, roll each into a 9 inch rope. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 40 minutes or until doubled. Bake at 350 for 18 - 22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Brush warm breadsticks with butter.