Auryn HD – Where Do Balloons Go? – An Uplifting Mystery is a book by Jamie Lee Curtis. Jamie Lee Curtis is one of my favorite actresses as well as children’s authors. There is not one book by her I don’t like.
Where Do Balloons Go? is a breath taking and magical interactive experience that lets you follow a balloon on its imaginary journey after it’s accidentally released from a little boy’s grasp. The graphics in the story are fantastic and it really broadens your imagination and makes you wonder what happens to balloons once they are floating in air.
My kids and myself really enjoyed the stories. We talked about what we thought happened to balloons. The imagination the kids could come up with made me giggle. The kids were really into the story. The graphics are so colorful. My daughter chuckled at times with the interactiveness of the story. The kids both really liked the Balloon Theater were they could create there own character. The imagination is endless. This is definitely our new favorite story!
- Create your own animated movies in the Balloon Theater. Your creativity’s spotlight as you build your own balloon characters (you can even use your own pictures), record dialog and enact scenes.
- Clown around by making your own balloon animals: “inflate” virtual balloons then swipe the screen to twist and turn them into fun shapes.
- Have a giggle-fit listening to a funny “helium version” of your voice!
- Send hand-written e-postcards to your friends and family as you join the missing balloon on vacation.
- Make over 200 balloons sway in time to music at the “Big Balloon Dance”.
- Use a virtual fan to blow the balloons around, play with your food at the balloon dinner-table, connect-the-dots to create new constellations in space, and much more.
- They are literally HUNDREDS of interactions to explore, creating a fresh experience each time.
- Listen to the story narrated by Jamie Lee Curtis herself (my favorite part),while text is displayed “Karaoke-style” (each word is highlighted as it reads).
- Touch a word on the page to highlight and hear it spoken out loud.
I was not kidding when I said there was so much about this storybook app that was awesome. Writing this I noticed we have not discovered it all. I love the fact that there is so much imagination and fun to this. Endless hours of fun just reading the story and in the balloon theater playing around.
You can purchase Auryn HD – Where Do Balloons Go? – An Uplifting Mystery in the itunes store for $5.99 (in my eyes this is definitely worth it. The kids will have a blast)
Auryn HD Lite – Where Do Ballons Go? – An Uplifting Mystery is Free on itunes. Check it out before you buy it
I would also like to share with you a couple of youtube videos:
Jamie Lee Curtis on “Auryn HD – Where Do Balloons Go?” iPad App
“Auryn HD – Where Do Balloons Go” Tutorial by Jamie Lee Curtis
Disclaimer: I was not paid to write this review. I did receive a copy of Auryn HD – Where Do Balloons Go? for my review. The opinions in this blog post are 100% mine.